POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Three dots show a dusty sky this time : Re: Three dots show a dusty sky this time Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Three dots show a dusty sky this time
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 7 Dec 2002 07:41:01
Message: <3df1ec5d$1@news.povray.org>
"Thies Heidecke" <h3i### [at] gmxnet> wrote in message
> first of all i have to say:
> wow! great sky-colors!

Thanks! But I did not choose them, the math did ;-)

> I read your first posting about your
> POV-Sky-experiments with great interest
> because i thought about making something
> similar for my cloud-project but didn't
> found the time and some proper research-
> papers (like the one you posted a link for).

Well, it actually worked the other way round. Marc Jacquier posted a message
about this model on the french newsgroup (3D.povray on news.zoo-logique.org)
saying something like "I found this, it look nice, it would be cool if
someone could implement it in Pov." and I took it as a little challenge ;-)

> This gives me new incitation to improve
> my cloud-model. Perhaps i'll post a hybrid-
> image with your sky-model in the near future.

I'm really looking forward to it. What do you use for you clouds ? Media ?
Layered planes ? Another technique ?

Povingly,

Philippe