POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eglon's bar and grill : Re: Eglon's bar and grill Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eglon's bar and grill
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 6 Dec 2002 12:21:28
Message: <3df0dc98@news.povray.org>
cadman wrote:
> This is a cropped section of the whole render (I didn't want you to be
> distracted).  In this section of the render, I'm looking for a dirty,
> sleazy, run-down, bad-part-of-town kind of feel.  Please comment...

The door and windows capture the look well. You might dirty up the
pavement and walls a little, and maybe add a piece of litter or something.

One thing does puzzle me: why does it look so foggy under the light? I'm
guessing that it's supposed to be early morning and the sky is
contributing a fair amount of light; if so, I wouldn't expect artificial
lights to affect the scene much. I'd suggest either dimming the
artificial lights or dimming the sky.

-Xplo