POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stained Glass Revisited : Re: Stained Glass Revisited Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stained Glass Revisited
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 5 Dec 2002 11:29:44
Message: <3def7ef8@news.povray.org>
"hughes, b." <omn### [at] charternet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Oops, yes, right you are. And the lead framing can be added with the
regular
> crackle in a texture layer. I still don't see a way you could ever get the
> values into the right positions. That would require some kind of
> paint-by-number method plus placement. Crackle randomly positions the
cells
> so you would only get random colors. You need a paint tool filler sort of
> thing to do what is needed for this. Unless there's something I'm
> overlooking.

I don't know, if it is possible. It would be, if every cell gets an unique
number. The docs don't tell anything about the range the solid-values are
in. Probably something between 0 and 255 - but does any cell in the rage of
<0,0,0>, <1,1,1> gets it's own number? Would be nice, but somehow I doubt
it. Would anybody want to take a look at the source code?

Regards,
Marc-Hendrik