POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stained Glass Revisited : Re: Stained Glass Revisited Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stained Glass Revisited
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 5 Dec 2002 03:12:56
Message: <3def0a88@news.povray.org>
"hughes, b." <omn### [at] charternet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "jfmiller" <jfm### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > Boy, I wish I could help you out here.  I have been trying for a
different
> > effect but having simular problems.  the difficultie is how to make
> > different cells of the crackle pattern different valuse, but to have a
> > consistent value throughout the cell.  My ultimant conclusion was that
> do
> > this one whould have to hand write the crackle function and abandon the
> POV
> > version.  If you can find a more elegant solution please let me know.
>
> Yeah, a different color within each of the interiors of the cells is
> probably not possible since they are all of the same index of that
pattern.

Isn't this, what the "solid"-keyword is meant for? "Causes the same value to
be generated for every point within a specific cell." This way you get one
index for one cell - but you still have to find out a way to map the wanted
colors to the color-indices. Perhaps some "eval_pigment" in a loop? Evaluate
the index of the cell, evaluate the color for this cell, safe that color in
an array at the specified index. Use that array to create the color_map for
the cracle pattern. Might work or not :-)

Regards,

Marc-Hendrik