POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Amber? : Re: More Amber Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Amber
From: hughes, b
Date: 4 Dec 2002 21:05:56
Message: <3deeb484@news.povray.org>
Real neat thing. The bug there. And the amber. I'm leaning toward it
appearing as a glob of very cold honey though. I've been told, and read,
that there are many kinds of amber; fossilized and prehistoric or not aged
enough to be truly fossilized. I don't think it would be easy to render one
of these based on photographs alone and it would be better having a piece in
person. The pictures I've seen typically look like the colors are probably
not always accurate.