POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Amber? : Re: Amber? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amber?
From: Ive
Date: 4 Dec 2002 20:21:50
Message: <3deeaa2e@news.povray.org>
>  Very good! Your texturing skills are getting really good (I really
> liked the gold on the Dragon).

Well, you know, most of the things I have learned from looking
at some of your sources. Especially the way you did create the
micro-surface-normals in your nuts&bolts scene. It took a while
'till I did understand what the heck you where doing there but
meanwhile I really do prefer this way (compared e.g. to large
scaled normals for blurred reflections) because it gives you a
very powerful and precise control on the appearance of the
surface. Was this technique (so to say) invented by you?

>   You don't use Google? My first try many reference photos:

Ahem, silly me, I did not use the image search and found just
numerous technical/geographical/scientifical pages. But at least
I got the IOR from there.

>   The table on the lab of a naturalist?

Hmm, one more room to create. We will see.

-Ive