POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stained Glass Revisited : Re: Stained Glass Revisited Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stained Glass Revisited
From: hughes, b
Date: 4 Dec 2002 18:15:36
Message: <3dee8c98@news.povray.org>
"jfmiller" <jfm### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Boy, I wish I could help you out here.  I have been trying for a different
> effect but having simular problems.  the difficultie is how to make
> different cells of the crackle pattern different valuse, but to have a
> consistent value throughout the cell.  My ultimant conclusion was that to
do
> this one whould have to hand write the crackle function and abandon the
POV
> version.  If you can find a more elegant solution please let me know.

Yeah, a different color within each of the interiors of the cells is
probably not possible since they are all of the same index of that pattern.

Speaking of cells, the cells pattern would make a good stained glass by
itself, just add turbulence. But then you still can't gather color
information into each segment as though an underlying image were used for
the color placements. Also, not really a way to get the leaded borders added
in I guess.