POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray parser in Java : Re: POV-Ray parser in Java Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:53:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray parser in Java
From: Andrew Wilcox
Date: 4 Dec 2002 16:42:57
Message: <3dee76e1@news.povray.org>
Maybe I should reclarify.  I don't think actually fully parsing the scene is
feasible anytime soon, especially with functions, but building a parse tree
is.  Which would allow for manipulation of the scene language itself.  This
could then be rewritten and let POV actually do the full parse to generate
the scene.  I can't think of a good reason for actually evaluating the
scene.

AW