POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Translucent Wax Candle : Re: Translucent Wax Candle Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translucent Wax Candle
From: jfmiller
Date: 4 Dec 2002 12:57:53
Message: <3dee4221@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the reference.  I had read your post before starting this project
and it is what gave me the idea.  I missed the part about interior_texture
though so I couldn't get it to work.

The solution shown here is kind of the invers of sub-surface scattering.
There is a transparent outer shell that contains an absorbtion media (white
at the moment) the iner shell is the same object with an opaque,
double_illumnate, no_shadow texture, and brilliance turned down to 0.05.

I'll go back and fiddle with the modle after finals are over and see if I
can get it to work.

Thanks
JFMILLER