POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The baddest of them all : Re: The baddest of them all Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The baddest of them all
From: hughes, b
Date: 3 Dec 2002 08:57:34
Message: <3decb84e@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message

> I meant reflected lights are blurred in HAL's lense in the movie, not in
> your image

I would expect the reflections to be blurry if the camera DOF is shallow.

I was going to give HAL a try some time ago and use an old video tape I have
as reference. Was too cruddy to use for that purpose, it was *all* blurry,
so I skipped it.

Speaking of its evilness... that 2010 sequel really seemed to change HAL's
personality. Got real moral and empathetic, a stark comparsion with its
original demeanor.