POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boeing 737-like jet plane [~19KB Jpg] : Re: Boeing 737-like jet plane [~19KB Jpg] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boeing 737-like jet plane [~19KB Jpg]
From: hughes, b
Date: 3 Dec 2002 08:41:07
Message: <3decb473@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> That looks really good, though the colours remind me a bit of the plane
form
> Austin Powers! :)

Eewww! I hadn't thought of that, just threw in some colors that seemed
interesting.

> I'd suggest doing a render from close up so we can see more of the
details, and
> change the texture so it looks more like a real one (apologies if it's
based on
> a real one, I've obviously not seen that design!). Also make it more
reflective
> with a smaller specular highlight, it looks too plastic at the moment.

What details?  ;-)

Only details you can't see now would be the overhead compartments (long,
slightly angled boxes) inside, without any seats yet and the lights are off
so it would render faster.

It took me forever just to get the metal of the wings to look about right.
There's a great deal of difference if I change assumed gamma, or brilliance
in the finish. There's some reflectivity in everything but that foggy air
really changed the final render. I had used blue sky and clouds without any
ground before. I'll work on it, checking more photos especially. I might end
up having to employ radiosity too, but early attempts were not successful
for some reason. Lost shadowing, or so I thought.

BTW, CSG is a real pain with bicubic_patch. It works, but POV doesn't
believe it according to the error messages. I haven't figured a way to get
them to be solid either, if at all possible. New thing for me.