POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boeing 737-like jet plane [~19KB Jpg] : Re: Boeing 737-like jet plane [~19KB Jpg] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boeing 737-like jet plane [~19KB Jpg]
From: hughes, b
Date: 3 Dec 2002 08:26:25
Message: <3decb101@news.povray.org>
"Martijn van den Branden" <m.v### [at] studenttudelftnl> wrote in
message news:3dec88a4$1@news.povray.org...

> awesome plane, the only thing i could come up with is try to scale up or
> lengthen the wings a bit it
> seems they're a bit too small ...

It could be the perspective. I might actually have that tail rudder too
small still. They're huge in comparison to the plane's size. I really need
to do this modelling by a diagram and not a photo. I tend to go about this
sort of thing in the wrong way, looking for a moment at a picture and then
going on memory of it. If I can find a diagram of the jet's design I'll use
orthographic camera and backdrop image map to get a much better model.

I do have one for the 727 already but it has a engine built into the tail so
I went with the 737 this first go. The graphic for the 737 apparently didn't
load before, now that I recheck the airline's web site I used earlier.

Just now found scale drawings that will help me do this at

http://www.boeing.com/assocproducts/aircompat/plan_manuals.html

The scale drawings are awful though, I'll have to use the "descriptions"
links instead.