POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP help needed... : Re: IRTC WIP help needed... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP help needed...
From: Shay
Date: 2 Dec 2002 18:02:48
Message: <3debe698@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> Hi. I need help! (and not just in the psychological sense)
>
> So which layout do you think I should use?
> And obviously any other comments and suggestions you have would be really
> helpful. :)

I don't think that any of your current layouts will work. In order for your
concept to be completely realized, the bottle and the waterfall must not
only both pour, but also both pour into the same receptacle. I can imagine a
scene with the lip of a bar glass in the immediate foreground which becomes
more obscured as it curves to the opposite side in the background, where the
edge of the glass becomes the shore of an ocean or large lake. Fish visible
through the bar glass might also be interesting.

The absence of a hand holding the bottle will be pretty conspicuous in the
finished picture, so I would suggest a large pitcher instead with it's
handle out of frame. The line formed by the liquid still in the pitcher
could be aligned with the mountaintops in the background.

 -Shay