POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP help needed... : Re: IRTC WIP help needed... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP help needed...
From: Tek
Date: 2 Dec 2002 17:24:28
Message: <3debdd9c@news.povray.org>
Aaron <aar### [at] ihugconz> wrote in message news:3debd5c0@news.povray.org...
> Use 2halves.jpg.

Woohoo! Yeah that's my favourite too, but no-one else seems to agree with us! I
like 3 quarters too so I'm going to keep refining it from both those views until
I can make a choice between them

> But go and get a bottle or something and watch the water coming out.  Its
> never that rounded or smooth.

Yeah I know. I was mostly doing water like this as a reference to my first (and
still my highest scoring) IRTC entry. (honourable mention in the topic "The
Sea", entered under my real name: Ben Weston).

Though in response to the comments from you and Slime I'm going to try something
new for it.

> Also the waterfal would tend to hug the rock unless you have a good
> over-hang (unless its coming out of a pipe or something.  Also it'd be alot
> flatter at the top as well.  Again looking at a couple of pictures of
> waterfalls would be good.  :)

Well as you probably realised the squashed sphere that I'm using is going to be
replaced by a rock formation that much more closely fits the shape of the
falling water.

> Suggestion for fluid... chocolate!   As in Charlie and the Chocolate
> Factory... have an Oompahloompa (sp?) pouring the glass.

Woah freaky coincidence. I was just listening to a tune called "Oompa Radar" (by
Goldfrapp) when I read your message! But I think I'm going to be boring and try
a realistic scene (to juxtapose with the unrealistic symettry).

Thanks for your comments :)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com