POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Noise generators : Re: Noise generators Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:52:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noise generators
From: Slime
Date: 1 Dec 2002 17:46:28
Message: <3dea9144$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm asking because I stumbled on paper by Perlin (SIGGRAPH 2002 p.681),
> describing some ameliorations to the noise algorithm and I was wondering
if
> these has found their way in Pov code.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I've implemented
one of the two improvements mentioned in that paper in Slime-POV
(http://www.slimeland.com/slimepov/). I didn't implement the gradient
changes because I didn't really understand them very well.

Keep in mind that Slime-POV has a couple significant bugs... I've fixed them
(I think) but haven't uploaded a new version yet. I've been doing other
things.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]