POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fluorescent strip radiosity test scene (22K + 24K) : Re: Fluorescent strip radiosity test scene (22K + 24K) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fluorescent strip radiosity test scene (22K + 24K)
From: hughes, b
Date: 28 Nov 2002 08:41:01
Message: <3de61ced@news.povray.org>
"Michael Andrews" <m.c### [at] readingacuk> wrote in message

> This is a simple test scene to see how well PoV handles radiosity
> lighting by long thin ambient sources - effectively fluorescent strip
> lighting.

Hmmm. Those are very different alright. However... I just tried a test run
of your scene script and using a count of 400 (much faster than at 1600) and
error_bound 1.0 it looks okay too. So, guess what I'm wondering is, how is
your patched POV better than using other values in the official POV? I
realize of course that the settings I used might not work out for other
renders, plus I only checked with a tiny resolution to see it quicker.