POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Apply gamma correction after antialiasing : Re: Apply gamma correction after antialiasing Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:56:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apply gamma correction after antialiasing
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Nov 2002 16:38:52
Message: <3de53b6c@news.povray.org>
In article <3de5126d$1@news.povray.org> , "Anders K." <and### [at] kaseorgcom>
wrote:

> POV-Ray currently applies gamma correction before antialiasing, while it
> should be applied after antialiasing, since averaging of colors must be done
> in a linear color space. For a sample picture that make this problem very
> obvious, see the thread "Anti-Aliasing Problem including sample image (58k)"
> in povray.binaries.images.

We know.  It has been fixed some time ago and will be made available in
POV-Ray 3.51 in the future.

    Thorsten

PS: Before anybody asks, I am not going to provide any details when it will
be released.  It surely won't be tomorrow, so don't hold your breath! ;-)

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.