POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blued Steel? : Re: Blued Steel? Demo 10K Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blued Steel? Demo 10K
From: Alf Peake
Date: 27 Nov 2002 14:48:20
Message: <3de52184@news.povray.org>
>    What do you think I could do to improve the hands? I'm not quite
> sure if I have the code right or not for this, but maybe someone
could
> give some pointers? Or is it ok?

There is a cactus isosurface in the demo files that may be useful for
the button?

I've rarely seen a IV on watches instead of IIII but this could be a
european thing.

The hands will vary from flat to slightly cylindrical, and a bit
lighter than the example below to very dark blue. I just tried
digi-fotoing a selection of hands but they came out black or white -
I'm no photographer :(

It seems you need at least a little light, or a bright object, near
the hands to see any sort of specular reflection, which may be masked
by the crystal reflections anyway. The example below of a spring used
this:

texture{
   pigment{ rgb <0, 0.5, 1> }
   finish {
       brilliance 4
       diffuse 0.1
       metallic
       specular 0.8
       roughness 0.06
       conserve_energy
       reflection <0, 0.05, 0.1>
   }
}

This is in 3.5 with radiosity, but is much darker without rad, and
also in 3.1

Alf

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: