POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Meteor Impact WIP1 (DivX 617k) : Re: Meteor Impact WIP1 (DivX 617k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:33:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meteor Impact WIP1 (DivX 617k)
From: Tek
Date: 27 Nov 2002 13:56:47
Message: <3de5156f@news.povray.org>
Johannes Dahlstrom <sad### [at] tkukoulufi> wrote in message
> Johannes Dahlstrom wrote:
>
> > intersection
> > intersections
>
> Ray-object-intersections, that is, not the CSG ones ;)

:) Yeah I realised what you meant.

Speaking as a programmer this sounds like rather shoddy coding! Okay I'm sure
values near the limits of floating point numbers would cause problems, but the
limit is around 1e38, so I'd expect it could get much bigger than 1e7 without
any problems. Ah well, I'll just use a global scale in all my big scenes...

BTW, does anyone know if there's a similar lower accuracy limit? i.e. the
shortest distance below which two surfaces will be judged to be in the same
place?

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com