POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : NO_GLOBAL_LIGHTS_SET_FLAG : Re: NO_GLOBAL_LIGHTS_SET_FLAG Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:36:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NO_GLOBAL_LIGHTS_SET_FLAG
From: Anders K
Date: 27 Nov 2002 11:58:40
Message: <3de4f9c0$1@news.povray.org>

Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In what way would this be a bug?  A flag is set that isn't used later on.

Actually, if I understand the code right, NO_GLOBAL_LIGHTS_FLAG is being
changed in Object's children to match Object if the child has
NO_GLOBAL_LIGHTS_SET_FLAG on. But as Slime mentioned in the earlier thread,
NO_GLOBAL_LIGHTS_SET_FLAG has the same value as PH_TARGET_FLAG, which may
lead to problems.

Is the proper fix to remove the line I metioned, or does something else need
to be done?

Anders