POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Italian Room (WIP) : Re: Italian Room (WIP) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Italian Room (WIP)
From: Ive
Date: 27 Nov 2002 07:46:58
Message: <3de4bec2$1@news.povray.org>
> Sweet! I love its warm feeling. Oh, and I love the floor, both the tiles and
> the colors, I see no reason why you shouldn't find a similar floor here in
> Florence...

Thanks and it's nice to hear another oppinion about the floor. So next, I
will work on a different project and when I go back to the italian room
I have to look at the floo again and maybe will try to make it a little bit less
saturated.

> One thing: the room looks like it's midnight, I would expect more light to
> come in through the window.

Hmm. I'm not sure. If you would make a similar picture by using a camera
and do face a light bulb (even if it's only 60W) I would expect something similar.
The ambient value (for radiosity) of the surrounding dome (where the image is
mapped to) is also controlled by the EXPOSURE variable from Jaime's lighting
macros. This way, I can simply turn all the lights off and make a daylight picture
of the room similar to the vermeer images (but I'm currently not in the mood for
a 10 day render). Anyway, I know this does not have to do very much with
real world physics and does need some more fine tuning but should give fairly
realistic results - and well, if not at least some pleasing images, I hope :-)

> BTW, I spent two years of my life rowing on that river... (sweet but wet
> memories).

I guess you do not mean that you did fell into the river... :-)

-Ive