POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anti-Aliasing Problem including sample image (58k) : Re: Anti-Aliasing Problem including sample image (58k) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anti-Aliasing Problem including sample image (58k)
From: hughes, b
Date: 27 Nov 2002 03:31:52
Message: <3de482f8@news.povray.org>
"Anders K." <and### [at] kaseorgcom> wrote in message
> I wrote:
> > The problem completely goes away when I gamma-correct your image by 2.2.
> > Don't tell me that old anti-aliasing gamma bug snuck back in there...
>
> I just checked, and indeed, POV-Ray seems to be antialiasing after gamma
> correction. Bad!! This should really be fixed, but as a workaround, you
can
> render with Display_Gamma=1.0 and then manually gamma-correct the image by
> 2.2.

Oh no. Glad someone knew about it, I sure don't remember that. Also seems to
agree with Ive's observation that AA can be done okay in another program
after rendering. Just by looking though I can't imagine why such a bug, if
is so, would be so detrimental. I'd expect a less pronounced change to
occur, from my laymans viewpoint.

--
Farewell,
Bob