POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : One for the Linux Heads (27k) : Re: One for the Linux Heads (27k) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One for the Linux Heads (27k)
From: Ive
Date: 26 Nov 2002 11:06:30
Message: <3de39c06$1@news.povray.org>
> I really only did this cause I like the look of my icecube.

Me too.

> It looks a bit cartoonish but hey. I need to add drips and stuff to make
> it look real, but the ones I tried on detracted from it.

Just tree or four drops on the table?

> It's povray 3.5 + gimp to stick on the text.

How about adding an alpha channel to the Tux image map. This way
you could fake Tux to be a "real" figure and not just an image on a
white piece of paper. Doing so should be no problem with the Gimp.

> What do you think ?

And yes, a little work on the table texture would also be fine.

just my 2ct
-Ive