POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Alien Invasion - Intro scene [link] : Re: Alien Invasion - Intro scene [link] Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Invasion - Intro scene [link]
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 25 Nov 2002 09:16:45
Message: <3de230cd$1@news.povray.org>
<snip>
> After looking at the movie again, I thought you used a sphere_sweep for
the
> legs, but now I know it wasn't. The creatures look really cool. They are
> simple but very cool.
Thank you!

> The eyes blinking just gave an idea for an old character I was modelling.
> just didn't know how to create the blinking effect. but now thanks to your
> explanation I know. Thanks a lot.
> I had never tried the clipped_by statement, so I'll have a look at it.
clipped_by was very useful in this situation. The docs explains it better
than me..

> Thanks for the code. It is going to be really helpful. Keep going with the
> animation. I looks really cool. How far are you from finishing it? And how
> long is the animation going to be?
This is scene01, I've done most of scene03, just have to work on the
enviroment, and extend it a little..
I'm planning five or six scenes. And I hope to make the animation a couple
of minutes long, I doubt it will be so much as 5 minutes long though..

> It rocks dude!
=)

-Peter