POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Alien Invasion - Intro scene [link] : Re: Alien Invasion - Intro scene [link] Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Invasion - Intro scene [link]
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 25 Nov 2002 07:52:12
Message: <3de21cfc$1@news.povray.org>
> > You have the camera moving quite a bit,
> > which could be effective, but in the beginning,
> > when you brought it right up to one of the walking
> > things, you really do well to grab the viewer's attention,
> > but the red thing eats one of aliens behind that one.
> > I think it would have had more impact to eat the one
> > that has the viewer's attention.
>
> Good point!
>
> Make the camera start at a distance and just as it gets close.. blamo down
> comes the red thing!
Thanks for the replies, I'll re-do the camera movement and re-render
sometime this week.

> Now perhaps it could also then cause some of the other things to pause and
> look in fear in that direction?
These aliens have no brains, nor ears, so they can neither understand, feel
or hear the other ones get eaten..
(Meaning I didn't model them capable of doing stuff like that :)

> I like the way the camera shudders with the impact too... :)

Glad you like it :) It's very simple, if anyone is interested, I can post
the source..

-Peter