POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1 : Re: IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1 Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:10:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1
From: Slime
Date: 24 Nov 2002 19:48:15
Message: <3de1734f@news.povray.org>
Very nice scene! A few suggestions:

1. Make those dots on the oven larger so that none of them are missed.
2. Excellent wood texture, but I would expect the wood to look stained or
something (right now it looks like someone just put it together).
3. Vary the wall tiles a little. Maybe have 3 different (but similar) kinds
of tiles, or have most of them plain except for an occasional, random
flowery one, or something like that. The repetition is too strong right now,
I think.
4. Make sure the final composition doesn't have the head-on shot that this
picture has. Take it from a more interesting angle.
5. Make us a tutorial on texturing. =)

> weird thing: Windows crashed when half the image had been rendered. It
crashed, I
> mean, lots of strange things: the icons turned black, everything got
frozen...
> everything but POV-Ray (phew!) which continued undisturbed its job...
talking about
> luck.

Sounds like you almost ran out of memory.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]