POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1 : IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1 Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:10:18 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1
From: JRG
Date: 24 Nov 2002 18:53:27
Message: <3de16677@news.povray.org>
Hm I have not completed a scene yet this year... hopefully the IRTC will be of some
ispiration. I've been working on this thing for a week now (it's been a while since I
last used POV-Ray, and I had to go back to RTFM often as I had forgotten the simplest
things...).
Everything but the oven, the coffee percolator, the juice bottle and one of the jars
was modelled just for this scene. No lights were used. Total render time (saving and
later on loading radiosity data): ~10 hours, Athlon 1 GHz, 384 MB, medium radiosity
settings, AA method 1 (which did not do a great job). Contrast enhanced in PP (the
original looked just a bit too bright to me, but now this looks a bit too dark... hmm
in media stat virtus probably).
A hella lot of work still has to be done:
- more jars.
- something to put into the jars.
- labels.
- some cloth.
- fire and steam on the coffe pot.
- something that I can't remember right now.
- hungry cat + food = spilling juice (you get the idea).

PS:
weird thing: Windows crashed when half the image had been rendered. It crashed, I
mean, lots of strange things: the icons turned black, everything got frozen...
everything but POV-Ray (phew!) which continued undisturbed its job... talking about
luck.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan.