POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Newbie's First Post : Re: Newbie's First Post Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie's First Post
From: hughes, b
Date: 24 Nov 2002 04:53:56
Message: <3de0a1b4@news.povray.org>
"Brent Lehman" <mailbjl@yahoo> wrote in message
news:3ddfe7a9@news.povray.org...
> I'm really just a newbie to this newsgroup.  I've dabbled with POV-Ray for
> quite a while but I never got serious.  I guess you could say I know a
> significant amount about POV-Ray but not a whole lot about composition.
So
> here's my first newsgroup post.  This image needs something but I'm not
sure
> what.  Any comments?

Actually, I like the floor you have there. It tends to blur out in a way;
whether from image file compression, the double layer caused by
transparency, or combination of both things. Makes the frosted donut thing
stand out. I don't know what to make of that object, it looks either
metallic or something like a wet fungus. Is it a dual iso which has the
outer part scaled larger and with noise added?
--
Farewell,
Bob