POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : mac versions. : Re: mac versions. Server Time
1 Jun 2024 20:11:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mac versions.
From: David Burnett
Date: 22 Nov 2002 15:16:23
Message: <3dde9097$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:52:50 +0000, James Gray wrote:

> In article <3dd944dd$1@news.povray.org>, David Burnett
> <var### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:
>

>> -I/sw/includes
>
> This didn't seem to change anything, unfortunately.

Yep. I'm afraid I've been at the happy juice a bit to much or
something, get rid of that 's'

-I/sw/include

You'll also need to add

#define X_DISPLAY_MISSING 1

to the end of src/conf.h

which will be the next problem you would hit.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been on a PL/SQL training
course of a couple of days. Anyway when I came back I downloaded
that latest source and built it following my own advice, after
renaming the jpeg library headers in /usr/local/include
so I got the same error that you did.

I've attached my final makefile, (I hope that the binary
isn't against the news group rules) as you can see I've left
all the allowable optimisation rules in, so I'm of to benchmark
it aganist my old version to see what the differences are.

Dave