POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Alien Invasion - Intro scene [link] : Re: Alien Invasion - Intro scene [link] Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Invasion - Intro scene [link]
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 21 Nov 2002 17:14:17
Message: <3ddd5ab9@news.povray.org>
> Weird...
> It makes me curious for more.
Great!

> Right now, the camera angle _and_ movement seem a bit too much,
> but that might be functional.
Too much? How? I use the ultra_wide_angle camera because I think it boosts
the looks of the animation a bit, compared to the standard camera.

> At least it creates the impression that you're part of the
> scene. Which is good, I hope... (is it?)
Yes, it was done in an attempt to show/enlarge the size differense between
the aliens, as well as the surprise when the first alien gets eaten. But
there is no you-character in the animation.

> Couldn't you have a bit more interesting environment?
Not in this scene ;) It's only a short intro, the other scenes have more
interesting enviroment!

> I guess I need to see more of the story to understand what's
> going on.
It's an classic topic, the little fish gets eaten by the bigger fish, etc..
The animation ending is going to be a little funny surprise, so I won't
spoil it with telling the whole plot =) But I'll post more scenes as they
get near completion, if you folks want to see them? The feedback you give me
is all extremely valuable!

-Peter
--
http://hertel.no/peter
#local Q=0;#while(Q<999)#debug"Peter :)\n"#local Q=Q+1;#end