POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seven dots show the sky : Re: Seven dots show the sky Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seven dots show the sky
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 20 Nov 2002 13:22:06
Message: <3ddbd2ce@news.povray.org>
> Nice!

:-D Thanks !

> How does it handle extremes (i.e. sunrise and sunset)?

See attached images (turbidity 1.0 and 8.0 skies)
Sunrise is the same as sunset, except for the orientation (which isn't yet
implemented)

> Did you manage to figure out how to apply the hinted model of haze in
Pov's
> media?

I figured I would pass, as I believe it would require a patch (or a
post-process).
But I will surely try one day to reproduce it with media, loosing all the
speed which was the model point.

> Could you please, pretty please, show us the source?

Soon, I promise. But right now it is still quickly  mutating.

Povingly,

Philippe

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Test Skylight 08b.JPG' (5 KB) Download 'Test Skylight 08a.JPG' (4 KB)

Preview of image 'Test Skylight 08b.JPG'
Test Skylight 08b.JPG

Preview of image 'Test Skylight 08a.JPG'
Test Skylight 08a.JPG