POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: mechanics simulation 2 (1051k) : Re: mechanics simulation 2 (1051k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mechanics simulation 2 (1051k)
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 20 Nov 2002 12:27:30
Message: <3ddbc602$1@news.povray.org>
Great simulation.

It gives me the idea of computer-programms of near future.

When computergraphic can do these things in real-time, we will have a
generaly new category on "real-world" like computer-games and application
software.

With Balls and Lego-pieces to solve problems.

Boring static mathematics ?
Architects can simulate statics for houses & bridges
by putting an "vitual" big iron ball on the modell of the house (on screen).

Very intresting !
Maybe you can include that in POV-Ray V. 4.00 ?

Then objects get additional Parameters like "hardness", "specific weight",
"roughness" & ( german: Dichte) :-).
And new overall parameters are time & gravity :-) ....

--Theo

Distributed Network-Rendering or Local SMP-Rendering on all CPU's you have.
With SMPOV und POV-Ray 3.5. * Download free at:
http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm