POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : povray rocks baby (473 kbbu) : Re: povray rocks baby (473 kbbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:34:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray rocks baby (473 kbbu)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 20 Nov 2002 09:15:13
Message: <3ddb98f1$2@news.povray.org>
With your unique creative flair and sheer overwhelming technical brilliance,
why aren't you entering and winning the IRTC every round?
FORGET 'a background scene full of photorealistic objects' !   Do story
telling against a white foggy background.

Yes, I was thinking about additional "characters" to make frowns, smiles,
etc.

I'm thinking that your system works well as it's based on bicubic patches,
as I remember seeing on your website.

I'm just spinning my wheels right now, trying to decide how to model the
mouth. Even my computer illiterate brother (who rarely looks at any CG) said
it needed lips.  Nothing is coming up that gives me both extant lips and a
scalable mouth shape on a blob.   I guess the criticism is that there should
at least be some shape to the profile around the mouth area, which I think
is a lot easier than a fully working  bicubic-patch-looking mouth system.