POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : povray rocks baby (473 kbbu) : Re: povray rocks baby (473 kbbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray rocks baby (473 kbbu)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 19 Nov 2002 14:53:27
Message: <3dda96b7$3@news.povray.org>
Maybe the solution to the Neanderthalness is to just stay within the lines
of the image I'm using as a rotoscope--you can see the box in the anim.

 IIRC I had moved the frontal face flesh that far out so teeth would not
break the surface as the jaw opened.

LIPS??   I've figured out that Veggie Tales have lips (& mouth) which are a
mere bitmap pasted on the front.  The thought of making a lip on a blob face
that would lend itself to lip-sync voice shapes  just blows my mind.

> Was it a lot of work to synchronize the movement
> with the sound or do you have a way to do that
> automatically?

P O V R A R O X B A B E

It just had twelve phonemes (sp?).  I loaded the sound clip into MainActor
and played the track against an animation of  frame numbers.  After a half
dozen tries I had a frame number for each phoneme.  The mouth is just two
half-cylinders that cut into the face.  On a sheet of paper I figured out
the scaling factors for top & bottom cylinder as a function of frame number.
Then I made a simple linear_spline in pov that incorporated the cylinder
scalars into the x,y,z of a vector.

I don't think I"m too far from my ultimate goal:  a system where I simply
type into pov code:
   "p,o,v,r,o,x,b,a,b,e"
and
    "0,0.15,0.18,0.22,0.25, ..."