POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post - disco ball w radiosity and photons (35 KB) : Re: First post - disco ball w radiosity and photons (35 KB) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First post - disco ball w radiosity and photons (35 KB)
From: Manuel Kasten
Date: 18 Nov 2002 10:53:59
Message: <3dd90d17$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas Willhalm" <tho### [at] uni-konstanzde> schrieb:
> Like Peter, I'm also surprised how well photons work. What was the render
> time?

3 minutes for 1280*1024 AA0.3 (on Athlon XP 1900  -  512 MB RAM)

> For the scene: I think that you should add media and model a lamp, but
> presumably that's you planned anyway.

I've put the Ball into another room already, this was just
"proof of concept". An for the media: I'd love to, but I never
worked with media before. The one test I made did not
function at all. Maybe you can help me?

Later today I'll post a beta of the scene I'm making.

--
MfG

Manuel Kasten