POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : help with photons (~22k jpg) : help with photons (~22k jpg) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  help with photons (~22k jpg)
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 15 Nov 2002 16:48:34
Message: <3dd56bb2@news.povray.org>
Hello. I'm trying photons for the first time. I like the effects shown in
the attached image, but is there a way to get rid of the shadow of the disc
without getting rid of the photons? i tried shadowless on the light source,
and no_shadows on the disc itself, but both resulted in no photon
calculations.

the shadow itself doesn't seem to be a result of photons. here is the
relevant (i think) code. I also tried making the glass texture have color
rgbft<1, 1, 1, 1, 1> and that didn't rid the scene of the shadow. originally
exported from moray, so the coordinate system might be different than
default pov.

thanks,
ross.

#declare Glass =