POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dice Theme again - about 63 day rendering time : Re: Dice Theme again - about 63 day rendering time Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dice Theme again - about 63 day rendering time
From: Rene Schwietzke
Date: 15 Nov 2002 07:02:42
Message: <3dd4e262@news.povray.org>
news:3DD### [at] gmxde...
> Although you can't see much at that size i'm sure it looks impressive in
> large.  None the less i wonder if some more interesting lighting could
> improve the overall look.
It really looks impressive. See the attached sample of a reflection.

> The highlights BTW do not really match the perfect reflections and
> transparency, since they mostly show up on the curved parts of the dice
> these parts seem less polished than the flat faces although more detailed
> observation shows the finishes are the same on both parts probably.
You are right! The finish does not completely satisfy me. I am going to
compare it with my real dice at home and maybe I will change it and give it
second try. Radiosity lighting could also be a way to improve the overall
appearance...I am going to try it.

Thanks,
Rene
--
Rene Schwietzke
r.schwietzke<at>reneschwietzke.de

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dice_colors15bc-details.jpg' (17 KB)

Preview of image 'dice_colors15bc-details.jpg'
dice_colors15bc-details.jpg