POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Creases in the cloth (MPEG1) : Re: Creases in the cloth (MPEG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creases in the cloth (MPEG1)
Date: 15 Nov 2002 02:30:04
Message: <3dd4a27c@news.povray.org>
One of the "innovations" in this model was that I allowed the nodes in the
cloth to be attached to other nodes with variable strength.

In this particular example each node is attached to its "horizontal" and
"vertical" neighbor with a very strong force 1e5, that is, for example, if
we have a mesh with points x(i,j) then x(i,j) will be attached to x(i-1,j),
x(i+1,j), x(i,j-1), x(i,j+2). This is because cloths resist very much to
stretching.

They also resist (not so much) to shearing and bending, so that's why I also
connected them diagonally, but in this way: x(i,j) is connected to
x(i-2,j-2), x(i-2,j+2), x(i+2,j-2), x(i+2,j+2). The force associated to this
connections was weaker.

I think this helped to improve the appearance of the cloth.

affected to any force, I fix their positions arbitrarily. In this case I
force them to be where I want, that's why we see the formation of the
creases.

I'm glad you liked it and I hope I was able to answer your questions more or
less satisfactorily (it's 1:29am!)

Take care,

Fernando.

news:3DD### [at] gmxde...

> > [...]
> >
> > I hope you like it and I'll be happy to receive any
comments/suggestions.