POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Creases in the cloth (MPEG1) : Re: Creases in the cloth (MPEG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creases in the cloth (MPEG1)
Date: 15 Nov 2002 02:19:22
Message: <3dd49ffa@news.povray.org>
Thanks!

Yes, I think it should fold too... Perhaps I put too little friction to the
floor, that's why the cloth "prefers" to glide instead of fold over itself.

Really the cloth is model as an infinitely thin mesh, so I'm not surprised
it gives that impression... I remember that Apache was already thinking in
implementing an algorithm that really modelled cloths as thick objects. I
hope he'll find the time to do that and impress us all.

Best wishes,

Fernando.