POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire frame? : Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr= Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr=
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Nov 2002 05:01:24
Message: <3dd37474$1@news.povray.org>
In article <unj6tuk1mbbd7du0hks1gjdqnqsnvcn3lb@4ax.com> , ABX
<abx### [at] abxartpl>  wrote:

>> I have to learn a lot, I'm sure.
>> And thank you for your help in that process. Unlike Thorsten you pointed out
>> where I could go to learn.
>
> Thorsten is known to be concise which can sound like rude. But general we
> (volunteer hobbiest) are really nice people :-)

Actually, in this case my response was meant as he read it.  After all this
group is about discussion the POV-Ray source code.  The absolutely minimum
prerequisite should be that a person at least know a tiny little bit about
ray-tracing, which, given he suggested POV-Ray should use his "AGP Xtasy
6564 2D/3D accelerator card", is obviously not the case.  Not to mention
that the documentation of POV-Ray, section 9.4, as well as Warps website
linked to the the faq group already explains this important point.  A
section titled "Rendering speed" should be easy to find for everybody who
looks for information: <http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/327/>.

Apart from this, the person did not bother to read any previous messages in
this group either but started a completely redundant 75+ message long
discussion about topics already discussed to death in this group.  Not
really a good introduction when being new in a newsgroup IMHO.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde