POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AS/400 : AS/400 Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  AS/400
From: Ive
Date: 14 Nov 2002 02:29:46
Message: <3dd350ea@news.povray.org>
just a boring image showing some boring machines, 'cause I was bored
at work. Well, yesterday I had absolutely no serious business to do at
work, so I did smoke a lot and made this CSG model of the good old
AS/400 over there.
And yes, one more nice thing about POV is while using the SDL nobody
around me was able to realize what the hell I was doing. The low camera
position is used to make them look a little more impressive as in real life,
usually I do not sit on the floor and watch the machines.
I have uses Jaime's lighting macros and they did work fine to create that
cold fluor lamp lighting.

And BTW one thing I was always wondering about: there is absolutely
no practical reason for the arrangement of the small rectangular air holes
you can see on the front panel. So I guess it is just some kind of a
"futuristic design" issue. Or maybe IBM has a encoded message written
on the case and it should be regarded as a new urban legend?

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'AS400.jpg' (47 KB)