POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Replacing texture identifier by a concatenated string literal? : Re: Replacing texture identifier by a concatenated string literal? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:00:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Replacing texture identifier by a concatenated string literal?
From: hughes, b
Date: 13 Nov 2002 05:59:20
Message: <3dd23088@news.povray.org>

news:3DD201B8.50E904CF@tiscalinet.de...
> ...and when I then tried
> texture { Parse_String (concat("T_Bronze_", str(b+1), chr(65+a))) }
> I got the error message
> "Numeric expression expected but } found instead"...

str() needs a couple more parameters is all. Use str(b+1,0,0). Those are the
string length (plus padding)and decimal places. This way you get just the
float value as a integer. Otherwsie you've got it... except I don't know
where T_Bronze textures are, so guess you have them there someplace.
Metals.inc has Copper which is said to be bronze-like.
--
Farewell,
Bob