POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First real scene : Re: First real scene Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First real scene
From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Date: 12 Nov 2002 12:06:28
Message: <3dd13514$1@news.povray.org>
Okay, from this angle I can see the source of the "column" problem- it is
that the angle itself obscured the real nature of your wall intersection there.
It is much clearer in this render.  So that is a non-issue really, except that
you may want to add some sort of molding or runner to enhance the geometry of
that column/wall/floor joint.  Just a thought.
    As for the line artifacts, they really do appear to be radiosity related,
although since I have little experience with the subject, I don't expect that I
can be much help.
    From time to time radiosity artifacts crop up that seem to be related to how
it is calculated- there may be some internal boundary that the software uses for
the algorithm, but I don't have a clue myself, not having examined the code.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip