POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Slime-POV feature: function camera : New Slime-POV feature: function camera Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  New Slime-POV feature: function camera
From: Slime
Date: 10 Nov 2002 13:04:56
Message: <3dce9fc8@news.povray.org>
This is a feature I've wanted for a while now. You can create your own
camera using 6 functions: the first three specifying the location (x,y,z) of
the camera, and the second three specifying the direction the camera should
look in (or, optionally, a look_at point). All the functions are in terms of
u and v.

I used it to create an effect that I remember someone asking about not too
long ago, where the camera looks in all directions creating an image that
can be wrapped around a cube. The first attached image is that picture
created with the function camera. The second image is the first image
UV-mapped on a  cube, from the inside. (This is essentially a different way
of doing environment mapping.)

Of course, this is just one of tons of possible uses. More example images to
come, later.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'functioncamera.jpg' (16 KB) Download 'functioncameraresult.jpg' (22 KB)

Preview of image 'functioncamera.jpg'
functioncamera.jpg

Preview of image 'functioncameraresult.jpg'
functioncameraresult.jpg