POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Film exposure simulation patch : Re: Film exposure simulation patch Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Film exposure simulation patch
From: Hugo
Date: 10 Nov 2002 07:11:18
Message: <3dce4ce6@news.povray.org>
> Not really sure what you are asking...
> They can't really be inferior or superior to POV

I meant if they were inferior to analog cams. Kari said the chemicals on
film influences the light-response curve. This is not possible with digital
cams (they don't use chemicals). But since many real-life situations
features strong contrast between light and shadow, I would consider digital
cams inferior if they just clipped the range, so, for example the sky gets
white and the ground gets black. This sometimes happen with my digi-cam. I
can think of at least 2 ways to solve the problem, one by software and
another by hardware of digital cams, but never mind.

I think it makes sense to have a feature in POV that mengles with the
light-response curve. It's much easier than using separate software.

Regards,
Hugo