POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bonsai scene ~96k : Re: bonsai scene ~96k Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bonsai scene ~96k
From: hughes, b
Date: 9 Nov 2002 09:14:29
Message: <3dcd1845$1@news.povray.org>
"Patrick Dugan" <pat### [at] netinsnet> wrote in message

> This is a bonsai scene I have been playing with on and off for a while.
I'd
> like to add some media to create a slightly dusty/hazy look that would
> highlight the light beams a little and maybe give the image a little extra
> something.  Any advice on how to create a media that would do that would
be
> appreciated.

Not sure if that's a good idea, myself. Hazy air can be overused sometimes.
I think this looks nice and clean as is, like it's sitting out on a patio
outside instead of a closed space.

While looking at it here I couldn't help thinking that if I could see just a
little bit of a background landscape showing between the bamboo screen that
I'd feel more in the picture than out looking in. Just a thought. Not
anything but a little sky, vegetation, and building colors; with only very
slight hint of there being something back there. In fact, it almost starts
to look that way when I scrutinize it more. It's a fairly small image as
seen here.