POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Evening at the River : RE: Evening at the River Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Evening at the River
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 8 Nov 2002 22:37:43
Message: <3dcc8307@news.povray.org>

3dcc2787@news.povray.org...
> This scene is derived form my Elevado scene posted a few days ago. It
> contains more than 15'000 mesh trees. The river terrain is a one of the
> samples coming with World Machine. Except the number of trees this is a
> quite simple scene. Nevertheless it took almost 30 hours to render on a
1.7
> GHz PC with 500  MB of RAM.

Once again, great work Christoph!
A very beautiful and relaxing image.
To give some constructive criticsm, I must agree with
other comments about the clouds and horizon colours.
If it's evening time there must be more red
(I think golden fits better for the clouds).
That will make these colors reflect in the water, what
will be more realistic.
Also the water should be more quiet I think.
Anyway, a beautiful image.

P.S.: You didn't send Elevado to the IRTC... bad boy... ;-)
Bye

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com