POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : About Intersection points : Re: About Intersection points Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About Intersection points
From: Warp
Date: 8 Nov 2002 16:17:27
Message: <3dcc29e7@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:
> There really is
> a category of "stupid" questions, and most of yours fit in it...

  There's a saying that says "there are no stupid questions".
  Of course this saying has a more figurative meaning than literal meaning.
It means that each person asks questions in the best way they can, according
to their knowledge and experience, and it's important to understand that.
  From the point of view of a very experienced person, a question made by
an extremely inexperienced one might sound trivial or even stupid, but one
has to understand who is making the question - a complete newbie - and avoid
feeling sense of superiority and disrespect.
  Of course it might be that the person who has a rather big goal for his
experience and is asking these newbie questions does not seem to listen
to even the most benevolent answers, given with the best intentions, and
that may sometimes be very irritating, but still we should continue
understanding the position of such person: Without the necessary experience
he is struggling with the problems he is finding and probably very confused
about everything.
  The worst thing we can do in a situation like this is disrespecting this
kind of person. We should try to help in any way we can.

  (I know, I have been guilty of this kind of disrespect as well, but I'm
trying to learn my lesson...)