POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Bicubic patch bug (job000202) : Re: Bicubic patch bug (job000202) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bicubic patch bug (job000202)
From: Massimo Valentini
Date: 8 Nov 2002 14:04:59
Message: <3dcc0adb@news.povray.org>
"Gleb" ha scritto
: Unfortunately, this patch is not enough, at least in some cases.
: For the moment I am using brute force:
: #define BEZIER_EPSILON 1.0e-20
: in original povray-3.50 bezier.cpp,
:
: but it should be a better way to cure this,
: I'm not sure that this will always work.
:
: Check this code for example, it works almost the same way
: both with povray-3.50 and with your patch,
: only with BEZIER_EPSILON=1.0e-20 it is OK.
:

Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce your report:

If I render your scene, that I reconstructed (some lines has been
broken), with the orignal bezier.cpp I obtain a little white spot
at the center of a black image. If I change the #define
BEZIER_EPSILON to 1.0e-20, I see a little white surface (white
butterfly?) in the same place, and this is the exact same image
I obtain patching the original bezier.cpp with the patch that is
in my previous message.

Massimo