POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dahlstrom craters [~93K Jpg] : Re: Dahlstrom craters and my rills [~137K Jpg] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dahlstrom craters and my rills [~137K Jpg]
From: Hugo
Date: 8 Nov 2002 10:05:28
Message: <3dcbd2b8@news.povray.org>
It looks great! The overlapping craters are problematic, but apart from that
(if you don't mind that I nitpick) I think the craters all have a too
uniform torus, so they tend to look like ripples in water. To expand the
formulas with more stuff, I've noticed on Chris's links that some craters
leave traces around them, sort of ... dust tales in all directions.

Nevertheless these two images are impressing; this one, and the ~230kb
version (can't decide which one is best).

Regards,
Hugo